Skip to main content

This we do for business

It was the day before The Human's birthday and due to a coffee shop encounter with a band manager looking for artists who could do a graphic novel about Bajah + The Dry Eye Crew from Sierra Leone, I found myself with him on a date to a The Roots jam at the Highline Ballroom- that's in the now extremely fashionable Meatpacking District. Wha?! Yes. It is mad, but so very true! The idea was for The Human to meet 'the guys' and they happened to be performing at this jam session so were were given comp tickets. It was a zoo. There was a line up the street which we  walked right to the front of for VIP wrist bands- and looking like the shabbiest things, too! But I didn't feel like I could flaunt my hookup in that crowd. We arrived at about midnight and had to stand around while musicians and every other 'famous' person who was supposed to be there came strolling by.... the show was supposed to start at 12:30!! After being squashed to the rail by drunk music fans who engaged in cigarette and pot smoking, we got out of there around 4:00 am. It was officially The Humans birthday. I would have actually enjoyed myself it it weren't for the ignorant twerpt crowding me in.

Posted via email from 39 in human years

Comments