Skip to main content

Flowers for the Dead

I have to say, I was disappointed with the Day Of the Dead in northern Mexico. They have the chance to celebrate THREE DAYS of DEAD and.. they just haven't got the sense to do it.
So the occasion turned out to be more like a completely lame St. Valentines Day: Buy last minute flowers and candy, put them on a grave.. go home and drink. (I am guessing that last part, but prolly so true) Some places had altars up for a whole week,which, yes, was very cool, but on the whole, it was a lame experience.

https://ferrebeekeeper.wordpress.com/2011/10/27/the-flower-of-the-dead/  << if  you would like some further reading (and I KNOW you DO) this is a nice write up about the flowers and their link to the holiday. I love that there are bright orange flowers dedicated to the dead- that aren't anything to do with lilies, tiger or otherwise. 








Comments