Skip to main content

Morelia Travel Mini Series: A Sort of Photo Essay


colorful Mexican trompo

This is going to be a simple post to start off with. 

I'll just throw at you a string of photos- in no particular order- that don't even scratch the surface of how amazing it was to be in a Mexican colonial city. Especially after I've spent the bulk my time in Mexico in a place that hasn't been settled for very long. So, I luhurved- ahem- loved being there. The layers of preserved history were just singing at me as soon as I got within the city limits. I mean, there are buildings dating from the 1500s! How could I not be taken in? 

graffiti that is actually important

protest graffiti in Spanish
if only the 'boy's clubs' of Mexico would listen

roof repairs in a colorful cathedral

a lightening strike

prayers

day of the dead skull 

ubiquitous butterfly

this curious composition

clay lanterns

before the full moon

 a work by Javier Marin, one of Mexico's best fine arts sculptors


these kittehs


the stone benches are from 1500 something, the mop is from this morning



Did this pass as a photo essay? Let me know. Leave a comment!


Comments

  1. Morelia is a beautiful place, so much history, incredible architecture.
    I love your chozen subjects, no humans, just doors, graffiti, verticals lines, including bars and of course kittens.
    You have a good eye !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to sign the commment.
    Marianela.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Marianela! Hello!
      Thanks for checking out my blog. The history- oh man, I was dizzy from just seeing the stonework- and the old wooden doors! The doors made me almost cry.
      I might have a problem there. LOL.

      Glad you like my shots.
      I still have more images, but I didn't want the post to run over long. Should I have added more?

      Delete

Post a Comment